Saturday Ava and I ventured to big ole Thomaston to watch Ethan play his first t-ball game of the season. He seems to enjoy t-ball a little better this year, but he still hates standing out in left field. He tried telling the coach that his stomach hurt, but that did not work with Robyn, she sent him right back onto the field lol.
Ethan crying in left field because we made him keep playing
He always enjoys when he gets to bat though, and he is actually pretty good at it. He did get to run in to score after his first time at bat!
Running to 1st
After the t-ball game we went to spend some time with my Nana. Ava has not had the opportunity to meet her great-grandmother until Saturday so they were both very excited!
Sunday was Father's Day, and like Mother's Day we did not do anything special at all. We just laid around the house and rested. As a matter of fact I believe that Tim got up with us that morning and ended up going right back to bed and staying there until around 1. We didn't take any pictures since we didn't do anything special. Ava and I LOVE you Timmy! You are the best daddy that a little girl could ever ask for...thank you for all of your help and support!
Tuesday was a very big day for our Ava bug...she went to her first sick child doctor's visit AND she rolled over all by herself for the first time! The sick child visit was just for a little cough and some congestion that I had noticed Ava had in the mornings. The nurse practitioner said Ava is too little for medication, so we should just try propping her up at night to allow the drainage to go down. Propping Ava up has proven to be impossible, but what else is new...she likes things the way she likes things lol. As for rolling over...wellllll she started trying to roll from her back to her tummy Saturday while we were in Thomaston, but she could never figure out how to move her arm out of the way. So Tuesday night I put her on her tummy time mat and went into the kitchen to start cooking dinner. (Disclaimer: Our kitchen and den are opened up to one another so I can stand at the stove and see Ava in the floor in the den. She is not just left laying around unsupervised.) As I'm cooking and listening to her babble I look up just in time to see her flop over flat on her tummy! I was so excited and proud!
Ava right after she rolled over
Silly me put her back on her back and went back to cooking without thinking, "Hey she might do it again. Stick around with the camera so you can video her." So of course later she had rolled back over and wiggled until she got comfortable and passed out.
Notice that her other arm did not make it out from under the pillow before she was asleep...too cute
Annnnnddddd three is a magical word because Ava is three months old today! Can you believe it?! So of course here are pictures of her in her chair...
Some things she can do now:
- She is a smiling baby. She smiles all of the time now for all different kinds of reasons. Of course the earlier in the day you see her the more likely you are to catch one of these smiles.
- She can roll over from her back to her tummy (still perfecting this skill, but she can do it)
- She holds her head up on her own now.
- She can sit up as long as she is propped on something.
- She enjoys her bebePOD for short periods of time (15-20 minutes).
- She really enjoys watching TV. Her favorite shows to watch are Super Why and Dinosaur Train on PBS, Wonder Pets and the Backyardigans on Nick Jr. and of course she L-O-V-E-S to watch the Braves play with her daddy.
- She enjoys standing when someone will hold her so that she can.
- She does not like to lay down when she is awake unless she is laying on her tummy time mat in the floor where she can see everything that is going on around her.
- She has found her hands and chews on them constantly.
- She will hold a rattle if you place it in her hand, but she hasn't quite grasped the concept of picking it up herself.
- She will sometimes hold her bottle now, especially at her bedtime feeding.
- She is sleeping until 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning most nights now.
I am sure that there are other things that I am not thinking of right now, but these are the big ones.
Here are a couple of pictures to show proof that she can do the things I have listed above...
Sitting in her bebePOD watching TV
Holding her bottle
playing with her rattle
Until next time...