Ava is right on track! We went Tuesday for Ava's two month check-up. Dr. Flowers didn't even get to examine her before he was being called away to the hospital, so we went on with getting the dreaded shots and rescheduled for Thursday so that the Dr. could look her over. She was a champ getting the shots! She literally cried for 5 secs! Of course this was possible thanks to the superhuman speed that the girl gave the shots to her...I mean I have never seen someone give shots so fast! She now weighs 10lbs14oz (6lbs10oz at birth) and is 24 inches long (19.5 at birth), so she is growing like a little weed. Dr. Flowers said that she is right on track with her milestones...she is even hitting some earlier than expected (yes Nana Patty she is advanced even in Dr. Flowers' eyes *giggles*). Next appointment is in August at her 4 month check up unless of course she becomes sick which is definitely possible now that she is in daycare:( Yes I am still stuck on the fact that she has to go to daycare, and yes I know it will get better blah blah blah...I'll get over it soon I promise:)
Our little Ava was officially two months old on Monday, and look how big she has gotten. I can't believe that time is flying by so fast. I know that everybody says take it all in because it goes by so fast, but until Ava entered my life I don't think I really understood exactly what they meant.
Monday also marked the first day that she was placed in the big world of daycare. She has done well in daycare. The girls just love her and tell us that she is just the sweetest little baby. She really is a great baby. We have been so fortunate because she is only fussy when she is hungry or when she needs to be changed. All that could change at any time, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay the same:)
Things that Ava can do at two months:
- She is doing really good with holding her head up on her own, and as you can tell she can pretty much sit by herself when she is propped up against something i.e. a chair.
- She is starting to try to talk.
- She finally started to notice her mobile (if it is moving) and toys (if they are placed right in front of her).
- She will push her legs when she is laid on her tummy. She is really good at scooting herself if you let her get frustrated enough lol.
- She wiggles all over and can pretty much roll from her side to her back and from her back to her side.
- She has started to put her hands on her bottle when I feed her. She isn't holding it by any means, but she definitely puts her hand there for some reason;)
- She will smile when you talk to her in a "baby talk" voice.
- She loves Popsicles (yes I know that this is not a milestone, and some people might even say that giving it to her is bad, but her daddy insists upon doing it and she really does love em.)
- She has also gotten into a bed time routine. Around 7:30 she gets a bath, then drinks a bottle, and by 9:00 she is tucked away in bed. This happens just about every night, of course there is the occasional time when it doesn't happen quite so smoothly lol, but for the most part this is the routine.
I can't believe that 2 months has come and gone so quickly! Can't wait to see what month three brings our way:)
Brodie fell in love the first time he saw her. Aren't they just too cute?! Brodie specifically asked that Sissy get the camera out and take pictures:) And he also made sure to set up the next play date before we left the house. Thankfully for him it is getting warm out and being by the pool at Casa de Mann will be commonplace for us.
On Thursday, April 28, 2005, I stood beside a hospital bed and watched my little sister give me the most awesome gift ever, my nephew. I remember standing there in awe of her and her strength hoping that maybe, just maybe, one day I would be able to do what she was doing with not one complaint, not one wimper, not one cry for help. That night my sister, and the little baby that she brought into this world, changed my life forever. Ethan Cole Adams has been sunshine in my life on days when there have been some really stubborn, very dark clouds. I cannot believe that it has already been five years! My how time really does fly!
Last Sunday,Timmy, Ava and I packed up the car and headed out on our first trip to T-Town as a family. Ava was just 5 weeks and some days old so we were hoping that we could make it to Weaver Park before she started screaming, but it didn't quite work that way. Timmy was climbing over the passenger seat into the backseat somewhere between Riverbend and Roland Road lol. Ava decided that she couldn't make it all the way into town before she needed to eat. Little piglet, when she is hungry she is hungry:) Anyhow, we made it safe and sound, and everyone was surrounding the car before we could get the doors open. They just couldn't wait to see our little Ava! We had a GREAT time with family and friends and called it a day after just 2 1/2 hours to head back home.
Here are some quick snapshots that we took that day...Happy Birthday to my Bubba...I Love You Always!