Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Five years ago...

On Thursday, April 28, 2005, I stood beside a hospital bed and watched my little sister give me the most awesome gift ever, my nephew.  I remember standing there in awe of her and her strength hoping that maybe, just maybe, one day I would be able to do what she was doing with not one complaint, not one wimper, not one cry for help.  That night my sister, and the little baby that she brought into this world, changed my life forever.  Ethan Cole Adams has been sunshine in my life on days when there have been some really stubborn, very dark clouds.  I cannot believe that it has already been five years!  My how time really does fly!
Last Sunday,Timmy, Ava and I packed up the car and headed out on our first trip to T-Town as a family.  Ava was just 5 weeks and some days old so we were hoping that we could make it to Weaver Park before she started screaming, but it didn't quite work that way.  Timmy was climbing over the passenger seat into the backseat somewhere between Riverbend and Roland Road lol.  Ava decided that she couldn't make it all the way into town before she needed to eat.  Little piglet, when she is hungry she is hungry:)  Anyhow, we made it safe and sound, and everyone was surrounding the car before we could get the doors open.  They just couldn't wait to see our little Ava!  We had a GREAT time with family and friends and called it a day after just 2 1/2 hours to head back home.  
Here are some quick snapshots that we took that day...Happy Birthday to my Bubba...I Love You Always!
Ethan looking at his cake while we sang
  Gamma holding Ava
The fam
Ava
 
XOXO

No comments: