our little Ava is no longer a baby, but she is now a little person! It is absolutely amazing what a sweet little girl can learn in such a very short period of time!
Ava at 5 months old
Ava at 5 months old
Of course before I tell you about what she can do at 6 months I have to tell you what she was doing at 5 months.
At 5 months Ava :
- could roll over in all directions.
- still absolutely hated laying on her tummy...I am convinced that she will never crawl.
- ate breakfast every morning.
- enjoyed her favorite fruit is pears and her favorite veggie is squash.
- still enjoys watching TV. Her favorites are Super Why, Wonder Pets, and Dinosaur Train.
- enjoys reading with mommy, but it is almost impossible at times because she wants to hold the book and control the page turning. Mommy cannot keep up with Ava's pace on this one;)
- LOVES bath time! She is definitely going to be a water baby! Can't wait to see her swimming in a pool next year!
- plays with simple toys. Her favorites are her plastic keys.
- could grab things and pick them up.
Ava's first UGA game
Ava at 6 months old
At 6 months old Ava :
- can completely push herself up on her hands and pull herself around, but she still hates laying on her tummy so getting her to actually do this generally requires making her whine. In other words...it happens rarely.
- can sit unassisted. We L-O-V-E this one because we can now sit her down in the floor and she can occupy herself for a short time with her toys.
- plays with most toys. Her favorite thing to play with is anything that she can get to her mouth :)
- has acquired a tooth!!! It has just broken the gum, but it is there!
- babbles to anything that she thinks is listening to her.
- reaches for the cat. Poor Miss Kitty just runs for the hills hahahaha
- eats two meals a day (breakfast and dinner). Still loves pears and squash, but will eat mostly anything except bananas and sweet peas.
- loves playing in her Exersaucer, but does NOT like to be in her walker.
- enjoys that PBS now has The Cat in the Hat on at 7:30 a.m. It is her favorite book, and she really enjoys the show too.
- still wakes up once at night and at 7:00 a.m. like clock work.
- was told at her six month Well Check that she is perfect. Dr. Flowers was very impressed with her in all areas.
- is constantly asked by her daddy if something is wrong with her because she is too happy heehee. She seriously is one to the happiest babies that I think I have ever met!
- can hold her own bottle.
- will drink from a sippy cup on occasion.
Isn't she just too cute?!
She will be seven months old in just a few days, and I promise to be timely in posting about what she is up to now!